Thursday, August 7, 2008

Fair Time part 1



If I could name one event that us locals talk about the most when it comes around, I would have to say it is the County Fair. I can stand in line at the grocery store and hear people talking about going, who they are going to see performing that night and what rides they love the best. I hear about woman working on there pie recipes to enter, quilts or flowers. It's all the buzz around here. Of course I hear the out of towners talking about our fair too, where else would an event make such a splash like the 'Pig and Ford Races.' Yet, another thing that makes living in this unique area of beaches and farm land so one of a kind.

Anyways, it's that time of year, Fair Time! My husband loves to go because it gives him a chance to see ol' friends from high school and elementary days and my kids love to go because the fair to them means . . . . RIDES!!!!

Yesterday morning I had to work early so Mike took the kids to the fairgrounds with him while he helped out his brother set up a booth. I was out the door before the rest of my family got up. So the responsibility for getting the kids ready was on his shoulders. Now I know my kids will be a bit off on mornings like this. Normally it's the little stuff like hair not brushed or no socks with there shoes. So, I always bring along a few hair ties so I can finger comb there hair and put it up in a pony tail so it's not so obvious they never brushed there hair.

On this morning, the plan was for me to swing by after I was done working to pick up the kids before the fair started and bring them home. While I was out, I got a phone call from Mike saying why don't I go home to shower and then come and spend the day at the fair with him and kids. Mike's dad was taking the kids around the fair to see the animals so we mine as well make a day of it. I agreed and hurried up with the job I was doing and raced home to get ready.

I got to the fairgrounds and met up with my hubby and kids at the booth. I had to laugh because my kids look liked vagrants. Madison was wearing Grace's pants so they were about six inches too short and fit like biker short/pant/Capri's maybe. Grace was wearing her pajama's and they didn't even match! Reece was better, but wearing a Christmas themed shirt. Oh my! I was to take them around the fair like this?!

We started off with getting our unlimited ride bracelets for the day. The kids were besides themselves with joy! I'm thinking this will be a fun day of merry go rounds and fun houses. LOL, boy, did I get a surprise later on!


First on our list of rides was the ever popular fun house. Grace would want to run through the house of mirrors and was constantly bumping in the walls. One time just nailing her head. it didn't seem to phase her though, she laughed the whole way through. By the end of the day she could actually run through the mirrors but only because she had done the fun house about 20 times, I'm not joking, 20 times at least!


Another popular ride for the kids was the mini rollercoaster. Madison and Grace LOVED having the front car and would actually let people go in front of them so they could be first in line so they could get that front cart. We did this ride over and over and over and over and over . . . well you get the idea.

1 comment:

Krista Motsinger said...

Looks like you had a super fun day:) We cant wait to go Saturday!! Of course the crowds don't excite me but I love running in to my ol' friends too:)