Friday, August 28, 2009

Sunriver


We are on vacation right now in Sunriver. I think it's funny because Eastern Oregonians go to the coast for vacation and us coastals go to the mountains. Funny. But anyways, if any of you follow me on Facebook, like the little stalkers you are ;), then you have seen these pics, if not, enjoy, leave me comments because I go nutty over them.


We went to Crater Lake this year. WOW!!! Talk about a fantastic lake!! It was calling out to me to bring on the wave runners, but alas, no motorized vehicles in this pristine lake.
A few facts about Crater Lake, so that you can say you learned something from my blog. Crater Lake is the deepest lake in the United States and I heard the 2nd deepest in the Western Hemisphere . . . but don't go quoting that last fact, because I'm not sure. It was formed from a volcano. There is also a log that floats around this lake that is famous. I believe I read that it floats vertically and you can spot it all over the lake depending the currents.

We went with Mike's Dad, Brother Ryan (plus his family), Sister Laurie (plus her family) and of course, us. It was a fantastic day. This is a pic of Mike's Dad, Mike and starting from left to right: Reece, Collin (Laurie's son), Grace, Annika (Ryan's daughter), Mike Sr., Austin (Laurie's youngest son) and Mada.

We have been going to the park, that is right across from the house we rented. The kids LOVE it. It's a pretty fantastic park. We have been going for bike rides in the evenings also. Sunriver has plenty of paved bike trails and the kids LOVE this.


I love this pic of Mike and Reece. I snuck up behind them and was taking some pics and heard their conversation. Reece was telling Mike that he was just like him. That day they had happened to wear the same color shirt and shorts. Reece idolizes his daddy and they share such a special bond. It is so sweet to listen to Reece tell his Daddy, in his own way, how he wants to be just like him.
The Tree is the popular ride at the park. The kids love this thing. Mike would get them spinning so fast. They love to try and climb up to the top while it's moving. Crazy kids.

I just had to throw this pic in too. I love this one. I think it's a pretty good one of my hubby. I love this man.

OK, more park snapshots. Trust me, you are getting off lucky here . . . I have quite a few shots of the kids at the park.

On Wed. we went to this fantastic little place, The Bounce House. It was a huge industrial type building that was converted into a wonderful little place for kids. It has a toddler/baby area for those little ones who couldn't bounce . . . . .we've outgrown that . . . . . and then 10 bounce places for the kids. The kids had a blast. They bounced and bounced . . .
bounced some more . . . .

They even had a Velcro wall. Here the kids are suiting up to go jump onto it. I think I have a video of Reece bounce .. . . I'll post that at the end.

Every family has been taking turns and making dinner one night. What a treat . . . I only have to cook one night this week! Even better is the fact that the meal are all delicious and super yummy! The picture above is Mike's sister Laurie, his brother Ryan, Mike, and his other brother Jason.

My amazing and dear sister-in-laws on Taco Salad Night.

All the girls got matching Sunriver sweatshirts. They are so cute. The boys have the same, just different colors and Krista and I ended up buying the same, but different colors too! We have such similar taste . . . too funny!
A few other shots of our vacation:
Grace with her cousin, Collin.My nephew, Austin, pushing the kids on The Tree. My niece, Peyton, loving the fun toys at the Bounce House.
Grace playing with parachute at the Bounce House.

My brother-in-law, Darin, pushing his kids around at the park. Grace spent her Bend money on a build a bear poodle.
My brother-in-law, Ryan, and his daughter, Anni.

5 comments:

beth said...

Oh, how fun! And I love all the pics! I have never been to Crater Lake, and I would love to go someday. How very beautiful it is. Enjoy the rest of your trip. :)

Gayle said...

You guys are having "way too much fun" ... you will have to come home and catch up and rest .. !

Tell Mike Sr. and Mike we are practicing "hillbilly golf" and we are up for a rematch.

imjustaphoneguy said...

I guess familiarity breeds contempt. Great pictures!

Gayle said...

ok ... Sunriver was a great vacation ... but I'm waiting for a new blog about things at home ... kids first day back at school ... new pictures (love the pictures) etc., etc. Looking forward ...

Unknown said...

Aw, what a sweet family and what fantastic pictures!! Hope you are having fun!