Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Water and More Water


Good morning!
This week my kids are at Day Camp. AWE . . . my house is quiet. Gracie is still too young to go, but she is very happily playing and enjoying the one-on-one time she gets with Mike and I. I think she has missed that this summer.

This post is going to be short. Today is my day off and I plan on going for a run here shortly, so I had best not sit long at the computer or before I know it, my day will be gone and nothing done. But do not worry, I am enjoying my cup of hot, delightful coffee first. Simple pleasures, huh?

The past week we have done a few fun things. First off we had a orthodontist appointment up in Astoria. Fun stuff, huh? Actually it wasn't bad. Mada needed a consultation on her mouth. It's pretty small and overcrowding. Her dentist wants to pull 4 teeth, but the orthodontist says to wait and he'll probably have to pull one later on to make room. Anyways, that was great news! We were not looking forward to going through that again! If we can put it off a few months we are game.

After the appointment we decided to go to breakfast. Went to my Grandpa's favorite place. Walking through the door, I was flooded with good memories of going here with Gram's and Gramps back when I was pregnant with Maddie and spent a glories day with them both in this charming little coastal town.

We took a trolley ride down the wharf. Saw the "Goonies" house and the elementary school where 'Kindergarten Cop' was filmed. Mike remembers running around the hills, where these movies were filmed, when he was a kid. It was fun to hear his stories.
The kids loved riding in the trolley and told us at the end of the day, this was their favorite part.

We walked around on the wharf and look at the 'Columbia' ship that was on dock. The kids enjoyed playing on the anchors that were on display and exploring all the wharf had to offer.

The girls are holding up the bridge that connects Washington and Oregon.

Before we left the docks, the kids got to ring this horrendously loud bell. My head is still ringing! ;)


We went up to the Astoria Column afterwards.


We all climbed the stairs up to the top.


Yes, 164 stairs . . . doesn't seem like enough . . but we got the top.


We were so high . . . even my knees were shaking a little. Gorgeous views though. A stunning 360 degrees high above all the trees.


The kids were terrified, except for Reece.
Astoria is a wonderful little town. By far, my favorite up here. There is so much to do and see.

A few days ago we went to Corvallis and played at the Rec Pool. It was great!!! The weather couldn't of been better. It was hot enough to make the cool water feel good but not too hot. The kids played for hours and I had to drag them away when it was time to go.

We went with our long time, dear friends, Tyler, Katelynn . . . .


and Jenn.


The kids loved this big waterslide. Reece informed me that it takes 15 seconds to go down the whole thing. He counted. It was a fun slide, even Grace got to go down it!


There was a river that all the kids loved and spent hours going around.


Rope swings . . . .


water guns . . . .


more slides . . .


little kid tube slides (Can you see Grace in all that water?).


We had such a fun day. The kids wore themselves out! I love summer!

2 comments:

Krista Motsinger said...

it all looks like so much fun! Happy you had a good family day and a great friend day too!

beth said...

That looks like so much fun!! I need to get out of the house! :)