Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Christmas Already??

I LOVE Christmas!!! But really, who doesn't LOVE Christmas? I can go on and on about this, the traditions, smells, decorations, kind spirits of others . . . the list is endless. Tonight, I'm going to talk, SHOPPING!!! The best part! I just LOVE to buy gifts for others. Isn't is the most fun to watch them open it up? I love the reactions. Kids are the best part. They are either super excited or on to the next. I love that they give honest reactions.

I bet you are wondering WHY I am talking about Christmas when we have only just started September. It's simple really, I'm an early shopper. I strive to be done with my shopping by Thanksgiving. I usually do stocking stuffers and last minute things in December, but really, my shopping is done by Thanksgiving or the day after ;) Do I even need to explain this one?

This year, I'm doing something I've never done before. I'm making a bunch of gifts. Scary, isn't it? Me, making something? I have no crafty-ness in my bones. I came across an idea on one of the blogs I stalk. The idea is simple and I think I can handle it. I'm going to rope Madison in on the "making" of it. I've gathered some of my supplies today. I'm getting excited to start! I would tell you more about it, but some of you who read this will be receiving this gift, so I had better not go into too much detail. I'll post a little tidbit about it after I do the gifting with before and after pictures. As for now, I'll be working on these in my spare time :)

6 comments:

Gayle said...

What spare time?

Sarah said...

LOL, no kidding, but you like updates on what I'm doing, so here it is :)

beth said...

Very cool! Last year, we made cookies and gave them as gifts. I HATE shopping for gifts. I never know what to get anyone, and spending a lot of my time going from store to store trying to figure out what to get and battling the crowd drives me crazy. This year, we are giving gift cards! Yeah, I know, very uninspired. But everyone will be able to get anything they want with the money, and if they don't like the gift, that's their own fault, right? ;)

Krista Motsinger said...

I was thinking the same thing as Gayle;) lol

Sarah said...

LOL, I know, I know . . . spare time and I don't know each other too well, perhaps I will have to give up some of my computer time in order to accomplish this, huh?

Beth, I LOVE gifting cookies!!! It's a big tradition in our family to make cookies for our neighbors every year. I will send cookies to a few other people too. It's fun, isn't it!?

Gayle said...

You said I could write comments on your blogs ... lol ... I like reading your updates ... keep them up ... it's the highlight of my evenings before bed ... ; )