Saturday, April 17, 2010

Right Around the Corner


Only 6 more weeks of school left before summer is upon us! The kids and I are counting down the days. We can't wait for lazy days spent in the backyard having picnics and reading books, running through the sprinklers, bike rides, hikes, pool trips, Sun River vacation,Camping, Twin Rocks Camp, Hoopfest and all the many things we have talked about doing. The kids are most excited about going down to Grandma Gayle and Grandpa Bop's house. This trip is the highlight of their summer and it's all they are talking about these days. I'm excited for them and quite frankly, myself. I'm hoping to knock out a few home projects while they are away. Can you imagine painting a room and being able to work till you are done with no interruptions?! Oh, sweet bliss! ;) Our only problem is the kids are so ready for summer, they are starting to check out at school. If I can only help them stay focused on finishing up the year. While I ponder how to most effectively do that, I'll leave you with a fun video of what I'm sure the kids will be doing again in only 6 short weeks.

2 comments:

Krista Motsinger said...

YES!!!!!!!!!!1 SUMMER couldn't come any faster for us!!! BEND either! Can't wait!!!

Gayle said...

Oh boy ... summer is almost here! Having the kids for a month is one of the best highlights of my summer. Can't wait ...