Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Biking



I really do live in one of the most beautiful parts of the country. I love the rich green colors all year around. The rivers and creeks every which way I look. The bay and ocean at my doorstep. Yes, I have grey skies and buckets of rain most days out of the year but that has taught me to appreciate the dry days. The beauty of the Pacific Northwest is breathtaking.



This past weekend we took the kids out on a bike ride. I hate riding on the streets now that the kids are getting older. When they were younger we would load them on the bike of my bike and in a bike trailer and we would peddle all over. Now they want to ride too and I want them to ride. Can you imagine trying to carry 150lbs around in a trailer!? I like to try and find fun trails around our area to ride that are easy enough for the kids to do themselves and open enough that we can let the kids go and still have them insight.
This weekend we went to one of my most favorite places, The Jetti. It's a gorgeous ride. You have the ocean on one side and the bay on the other and the trail weaves into this little forest and out again. The kids all enjoyed the idea of going. Reece got a bit frustrated because every time he wobbled he would stop peddling and thus his bike would stop.
Madison did great and really took off in her biking skills. Grace rides on a little bike that connects to mine. She thinks it's great fun and enjoys singing while we ride.
It was a really fun family time. The only downer of the day was when I was trying to show off for Reece riding with no feet and I broke my seat. :( Reece got a good laugh and I had a sore bum.

2 comments:

Robin hill farm said...

Oh, how fun. It looks like everyone had a great time. It's too bad that you broke your seat, though. I hope your other "seat" doesn't hurt too badly though. Ha ha. :)

Krista Motsinger said...

I hear ya!! My bum always hurts after bike rides. When I was little my parents ALWAYS took us on bike ride. Fort Collins Colorado had the BEST bike trails!! Looks like you had a wonderful family day:)