Friday, January 8, 2010

Married?


I lost my wedding ring today. I'm absolutely sick and when it dawned on me that I lost it, I went nuts. I tore through the van and in a last ditch effort, I threw all the kids into the van and drove back to the school. As we were on our way to there, I was explaining to the kids, that no, mom isn't crazy and having some crazy loony attack, but that we were looking for my ring. I explained how special this ring was to me. How Daddy had given it to me when he told me he wanted to be married to me forever. That it was super special.


I looked for my ring in the parking lot where this horrible tragedy occurred. The kids scampered through the van looking in there again. No luck was to be had. I miserably climbed back into the van and tried to hold back my tears on the way home.

In the middle of a few sniffles from me, a very quiet voice from the back seat says, "Mommy, does this mean you aren't married to my daddy anymore?"

Oh, my sweet Reece. He was so worried and sounded like he too was about to join in my tears.

"Oh no Darling Boy, " I say, "You're Daddy can't get rid of me that easily."

That worked. A big smile spread across his face and he happily went back to playing on his DS.

3 comments:

Krista Motsinger said...

oh my word!!!! I hope you find it!!!! Was it your three ring one? ECK!!!! Good luck. I hate it when I miss place things!
(cute story too);)

beth said...

Oh, no! I can't imagine how upset I would be if I lost my wedding ring! Great job being so strong in front of the kids! I sure hope you find it soon.

Meridith S said...

EEK! Good luck on finding it. I just love how children take things so literally. It makes such cute stories.