Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Coffee

I found this recipe over at Urban Farmhouse and I thought I would share it with you.  What a wonderful treat to serve to your guests on Christmas and on any cold winter morning. Merry Christmas my dear friends.~S



Christmas Coffee

2 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/2 tablespoon ground nutmeg
1/2 tablespoon ground cloves
heavy cream
lemon peel

Whip the butter until it is fluffy and then add brown sugar and spices. Mix until well blended. Add a tablespoon of this mixture to the bottom of a mug, fill with strong, hot coffee and cream. Stir until the consistency is just right.

4 comments:

Jenn Lopez said...

Oooohhhhhhh!!!! How yummy! Have you tried it? Is it good?

Sarah said...

Yes, as a matter of fact I'm drinking it now :) I'm splurging a bit and kicking of my mini vacation (4 days) with a cup. I figure I get to sleep in so I'll let myself have a small cup tonight. I'm hoping to make it through a bit more of my book tonight anyways.
Anyways, it's delicous. I knocked out the cloves since I'm not much of fan of those anyway. I added milk instead of cream and it's wonderful. The perfect little bit of spices to cup of joe.

Krista Motsinger said...

Sounds Christmasy but RICH:) Enjoy!

beth said...

Hey Sarah. Just stopping by to wish you a Happy New Year! Hope things have been treating you a little better this last couple of weeks.
Have a great day! Beth. :)