Sunday, December 28, 2008

After Christmas Recovery

I love having my kids home during this Christmas Vacation. With that said, is it time for them to go back to school yet? Please say it is! It's been wonderful having the kids around and spending some extra fun time with them. We've had snow to play in, movies to watch, Christmas presents to enjoy and lots of baking to do during the first week. Now, my kids have had enough of each other and are on to the bickering. I think I will go insane before they head back to school. I have to admit, I'm glad I'm back to work this week ;) Does that make me horrible?
Christmas was really nice. Of course I was pretty depressed we couldn't make the trip to California like we had planned. But, Christmas turned into a really enjoyable time. Or course we did it in true Motsinger fashion and threw in a trip to the Emergency Room. Grace was running around the house and flew right into the wall and split her head open. After some rinsing, antiseptics and a few Barbie stickers, all was well again. We then went over to Mike's parents and enjoyed our tradition untraditional Christmas dinner with his brothers/sisters and there families. I have the best sister-in-laws who all pitched in to make a fantastic dinner feast! I have to say, it is fun to all work together and produce such a fun meal for this huge family. After Dinner, we read the Christmas Story, Maddie recited the passage Matthew 1:18-25 from memory, and then we opened up gifts.
Christmas morning we spent at home with the kids. Maddie and Reece had gone shopping, using there own birthday money and Awana bucks, to buy gifts for everyone. I'm so proud of these kids learning such great giving lessons at such a young age. They were so excited for everyone to open up the gifts they had gotten them. :) The kids were all extra happy to receive each gift.
So, that's my little run down of the holiday. It was fun spending the extra time with the kids. Mike took vacation and so did I, so the kids got a double dose of mom and dad time. These kids are growing so fast and time has been flying by since they started school. It was nice to take a week off and slow down to enjoy being with each other.

2 comments:

Robin hill farm said...

No, you're not a bad mom for wanting the kids to go back to school, or for wanting to go back to work. Kids constant noise has a way of getting on your nerves after a while. A very short while in my house. :) Enjoy them while you can, but enjoy the peace and quiet when you've got the house back to yourself. I'm glad you guys had a very good Christmas together! :)

Jenn Lopez said...

Sounds like a great time up there!! We were bummed, too, about your change in plans to come south =(. I hope Grace's head is healing well...and the kids havn't completely driven you bonkers!! Love you lots!