Monday, December 15, 2008

Low 20's and High Teens

Please explain to me why the other two school districts in my area canceled school but ours keeps everything as normal? It is freezing today, I'm not being dramatic either it is in the low 20's/high teens and leftover snow is on the ground. I know this isn't a big deal to some of you. You live in the snow for months at a time, but for us Oregon Coast people, this is quite out of our norm. Needless to say, I stayed up extra late last night watching for school closures waiting for ours to appear. It never did. Then this morning I set the alarm to go off on radio waking me up with the local news. You can imagine my dismay when it stated that our school was on normal schedule. What?! Not even a two hour delay??? Drats.
So, my little feet had to be put on the cold hardwood floors as I shuffled in the kids rooms to wake them up. I had turned off there alarms sure that our school would be canceling today.
Oh well, at least I got to cancel my own job today. No way I'm braving the freezing roads and black ice all the way up the coast. I figure if those schools are closing, then there is good reason to not send this California bred girl out on the road. I value my life more than what I would of got paid. ;)

4 comments:

Robin hill farm said...

Yeah, frustrating, huh? Our schools didn't get canceled either. Not even a two hour delay, and there is at least 5 inches of snow out there, and it is still coming down. Right now it is 16 degrees out, and tommorrow we have a high of ten. I told the kids that they didn't have to go to school if they didn't want to. We'll show them! They can't make us go to school on the first snowy school day of the year! Ha ha. :) Not to mention, I really did not feel like walking down to the school to pick up Emma this morning. So my kids are having a snow day. Hope you guys enjoy the snow!

Sarah said...

LOL, way to show them Beth!

Krista Motsinger said...

But did you have a nice break from work, heehee: I sure did. I actually got to work out, take a shower, do my dishes, start my laundry...let Jason sleep and play in the snow...all that before we would have gotten back...oh...and I sleep an extra hour:) No complaints from me! I am willing to go out on the roads on Thursday though:):) NOt as far of a drive!!

imjustaphoneguy said...

And here I thought we were raised in the same home. Just where is Calornia anyway?