Wednesday, March 11, 2009

He Had A Ball

Reece had his very first soccer practice EVER, last night. He has been asking to go to soccer for ever!! I have missed the registration in the past, but by accident saw it a few weeks ago when I was signing Grace up for another class of swimming. So, for the past few weeks, this has been all Reece can talk about. Now that

is saying something because if you know my son, you know that all he likes to talk about is video games. For him to switch over to soccer is quite a big deal! I have to admit, it's been a nice change for me. ;)
As soon as I signed him up, the countdown was on. Reece would inform me, three of four times a day, how many more days till soccer. Finally, last night came and Reece got to go. Right before practice started I asked him to give me a good picture of him for his first soccer practice scrapbook page. The first pic above is what my dear boy gave me. LOL, what a stinkerhead ;) What a blast he had! The coach started off with playing Coach Says. Reece rocked it!

Then on to some dribbling drills. Considering the fact that Reece has never played soccer, I thought he did pretty well. The ball got away from him, but he kept at it and was really working hard.
Well, Reece has practice two nights a week and games on Saturdays. It will be a lot of fun to watch him progress.



**I tried to put another video on her of him dribbling the ball, but it was too big and I don't know my program very well at the moment to try and cut and resave. So, if you need your Reece Fix, you can watch him in a short clip when he was playing Coach Says.

No comments: