Saturday, March 7, 2009

Rainbow Calendar


When did my life get crazy busy? I was looking at my calendar this morning, marking off a few of my cleaning jobs and I started to laugh because my calendar looks like a rainbow. I don't know when my calendar changed from a few items a week to a few items everyday.
I had a good friend who was visiting this week from Central Oregon and I had every intention of making it over to see her but only had two evening to get over there. Wouldn't you know it, both evenings had activities going on that I couldn't get out of. :( My dear Beth, I'm so sorry!! We are headed your way in June and we will stop off to visit with you!!
My cleaning business has really gotten busy. YEAH!!! I got scared there for a bit when we lost some homes, but funny that it just got packed. In the midst of this "weak" economy, my business is thriving. I am so thankful God is providing! Thank you to my sister in law too!! Without her mad cleaning skills and connections who knows where I would be! :)
Anyways, back to my schedule. It's packed full of cleaning and kids activities. I was just talking this past week about how much I love that my kids are getting older and more self reliant. I don't have to worry when I leave a room that they will find some object to stick in there mouth and choke on. But I suppose with the leave of the constant care of an infant, comes the addition of a busy schedule of the kids being involved in sports, church and school.
I suppose this has made me a bit more appreciative of the "down" times. Last night, we went to a birthday party and after we got home, it was just the girls and I. We snuggled into the couch and turned on a movie. I was laying there with Grace tucked into my right arm and Madison snugged up to my left. Both girls heads were right there and I could smell there hair. Both girls have there own sweet smell, even though they use the same hair products. :) After a kiss to the top of there heads I hunkered down as happily as I could be. No place to rush off to, just a quiet time at home with my girls.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Sarah. We really were looking forward to seeing you guys while we were up, but completely understand why you couldn't make it. I hope that you can find some more down time for you and the kids amongst that busy schedule of yours. I certainly don't want your schedule, that's for sure! Busy lady! :)