Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Rope Swings and High Dives Equals Bribes



Don't worry, the lifeguard in this picture isn't trying to beat my son. I know you just had a moment of panic, but it's ok, no children were harmed in the making of this photo.

Sunday, we had a family day. It was extra special for a few reasons. One - We didn't go hiking of biking. These are my two favorite things to do on family fun day because they don't cost any money and it's some great exercise. But alas, the kids are tired of these things so NOT doing them, made it a special day.

Two - We spent our family day with Jason, Krista and the kiddos. Sometimes we claim them as family but only on days there aren't too weird for us. ;) Otherwise we like to pretend we don't know them. ;) They are crazy.

Three - I actually played with the kids!!! Shocking, I know, but I did. Perhaps it has to do with hanging out with those crazies I mentioned. There crazy must of rubbed off on me. Or perhaps it was the lure of the rope swing. Those things call out to me, you know.

We went to the Lincoln City pool for some splashing fun on our family day. The pool was great. The kids pool was perfect. Perfect height for Grace. She was able to practice her swimming without her backpack but if she got tired she could bounce in the 3 1/2 foot pool. I think she bounced the whole 2+ hours we were there.

Reece, Madison and I hit the big pool for some swinging fun on the rope swing and later the high and low diving boards. Aunt Krista came over and swung with us too. Thank goodness she did, because I was embarrassing myself on that rope swing. I have no upper body strength anymore and just dragged my feet. It took watching Krista for me to figure out that I needed to put my feet on the bottom knot. Duh!!! So after that hurdle, I enjoyed it much more. Reece was a maniac and enjoyed monkey-ing around.

The diving boards were a hoot. Both kids went off the high dive. I was pretty proud of them. Madison had gone off a high dive before, but was a bit timid again. After a bit of bribing, they both went down. Reece got to the edge of the high dive after taking his tiny baby steps and then turned around and started back. He stopped and looked at me and asked, "Instead of getting an ice cream for jumping off this, make it a Sunday and we have a deal."

Reece got a Sunday.

It was a fun day. We were the first ones in the pool and the last ones to leave it. The kids wore themselves out and we all enjoyed hanging out with each other and letting loose.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like great fun! Love those fun family days. :)

kells times four said...

Reece is such a funny quick witted little boy! I just love him :) Sounds like you all had fun. Maybe we could do that on the 21st when we are there!