Thursday, March 26, 2009

Something Is Not Quite Right There



Reece lost his first tooth a few mornings ago. His tooth has been loose for a quit awhile and he has been wiggling the dickens out of it. Finally, a few mornings ago, a couple good tugs and it came out. We were out at breakfast with my family when this all went down. Of course he was super excited and had to show everyone for the rest of the day.

Funny thing . . . the tooth fairy hit at the breakfast table. He (yes, tooth fairy is a "he" at our house . . . . think it has to do with that Santa Claus movie with Tim Allen) swooped right in and dropped his buck on the table. Reece was ecstatic . . . . not only did the tooth fairy hit right away, but Grandpa Bop hit too!!! AWESOME!!! TWO BUCKS!!! Reece was on cloud nine.


Later in the day, Madison came over to me and had an odd look on her face. She questioned how Reece could get his money so fast. After all, the tooth fairy only takes teeth when they are under the pillow and here, Reece didn't put his tooth under his pillow and the tooth fairy didn't take the tooth.

I explained that the California Tooth Fairy(CTF) was very busy and hits right away. CTF has too many kids to give money to and couldn't wait to hit at night. She accepted this and walked away.
Last night we got home from California and the kids went to bed. Reece put his tooth under his pillow and went off to sleep. This morning he comes in and climbs into my bed. Grace and Madison were already laying there watching cartoons. He shows me his tooth and tells me that the tooth fairy didn't come.
"Hmmm, she must of been very busy last night." I tell Reece. I can't believe I forgot . . . my poor kids have the worst tooth fairy. "HE" forgets often . . . I'm running out of excuses for him.
Madison was listening to this and mused, "Ya, that tooth fairy . . . . something is not quite right there."
Uh-oh . . . she is catching on to this one.

4 comments:

Krista Motsinger said...

LOL...Maddie is a smart one;) Way to go Reece...your toothless days begin:)

kells times four said...

I love it!!! Great story! I also think Maddie looks sweet in her photo!

Robin hill farm said...

I love that picture with Madison.

Jessica L said...

I'm telling you, you better watch out for that older kid you got there. :) Don't worry about the forgetful tooth fairy. I had to sneak into Madeline's room and make her look out the window while I slid 4 quarters onto her desk where she left her note for the tooth fairy. It happens to the best of us! :)