Thursday, March 4, 2010

Happy Birthday, Mom

It was my mom's birthday last week.  The kids and I decided to go and surprise her for her birthday present.  We did it!  She had no idea we were arriving till we appeared.  It was a wonderful week and it went by way to quickly.
I was able to take my mom to go see Wicked in San Francisco.  We had a wonderful time.  The drive up the coast was lovely and it sped right by since we were able to just talk without any kids or distractions.  Wicked was phenomenal!!!  By far my favorite musical so far!
My brother took some time off and he took us shooting.  We had a blast. 
Would you believe I actually hit the clay pigeon on my second try!!  I know, unbelievable!
We spent many evenings playing cards (which my sister-in-law clearly owned us at) and talking. 
The kids spent many hours playing with thier dear cousins!  Time flew for them!
A day at the park flying airplanes and playing hillbillie golf.  Every moment down there was cherished and much needed.  How I miss my family! 

5 comments:

kells times four said...

Looks like everyone had a fun week! Glad you guys were able to go and be there when your mom had her birthday!

beth said...

Happy birthday to your mommy, a little bit late! :)
Looks like you guys had a blast!

Gayle said...

Bestest birthday ever!! You say you needed us, but it can also be said we needed you too. Thank you, honey, for the WHOLE week. Love you.

Jenn Lopez said...

Oh what a wonderful time you had! Happy Birthday Gayle!!!

Krista Motsinger said...

looks like a super duper fun trip!!! I LOVE WICKED!!!!!! Can't wait for it to come to Portland again!! Thanks for informing me about it last year!! AMAZING!!