Sunday, June 1, 2008

Gracie's 4th Birthday

Grace had her birthday in May. My baby turned 4. Where did the time go? I had all three of my kids so quickly that time has simply slipped away. Every birthday I like to go through that child's scrapbook of there birth. Each pregnancy so different and each delivery an absolute miracle and totally amazing. How blessed I am to be given these precious little ones to raise.
I am reminded of the bible story of the woman who prayed for a child and promised to give that child back to God. In an essence, isn't that what we are to do? My job as there mother is to raise them how God wants and to be continually giving them over to God. Something I struggle with on a daily basis. Do I let my child go to this camp or on that trip? I wont be there, how can I protect them?! Yet, I am reminded by that small voice in my heart, to hand them over to God, they are in His hands. Of course I'm not an idiot and let them go play in the highway and say, "Oh well, they are in God's hands." I believe God has given me a brain and some common sense to use as well. :) Anyways, as a mom, this is my struggle and one that I am dealing with that I thought I would share.
On topic of Grace's birthday . . . . What a fun day! Grace was given a day of no chores! Maddie and Reece split up her To Do list and what fun it was for Grace to give directions to them for a change on what they need to be doing. Grace was truly a princess as she sat at the table and Maddie took her plate to the sink.
Grace was surprised with a Princess birthday cake! She loved it and when I put it out on the table she just couldn't walk away. She was so excited over all the princesses on the cake. The best part was the princesses were toys she got to keep when her cake was all gone. Even the top little castle piece was a picture frame.
Her Aunt Krista, Logan, Uncle Ryan, Aunt Morgan and Grandma Debbie all came over to wish her a happy birthday. Gracie felt so special and loved. She was delighted to receive all the fun ponies, Polly pockets, clothes, princess blanket and a fun doggie sprinkler for summer time!
Happy Birthday my darling girl!

6 comments:

Jessica L said...

Yeah! You figured it out! I'm so excited that you are now officially a "blogger". Don't you feel so cool now? I know I do. :รพ

By the way, awesome cake! Where the heck did you get that? Do you think they deliver to Maryland? :)

kells times four said...

Aww...cute cake! Sorry we couldn't be there, but know we were in spirit! Looks like she had fun!!!

Robin hill farm said...

Hi Sarah. I'm glad to see that you have comments now. I wanted to leave a comment the other day, and couldn't yet. Looks like Grace had a great party. :)

Jenn Lopez said...

Such a big girl!!! Amazing cake! Did your sister-in-law make it? Love you lots and great to see you last week!

Sarah said...

Our local bakery at Fred Meyer made that cake. It was an awesome cake, light whippy frosting to die for!!! and little monkey . . . no, I don't think they will deliver to Maryland, but knowing you, you'd make an even better cake!

imjustaphoneguy said...

That cake is off the hook!