Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Waterslides




There is nothing my kids remember most from their California trips than the Water Park. All year long my kids talk about all the fun they had the last time they went. This past year they have told me all about the HUGE slide that only big kids can go down because of a size issue. It's the scariest and most daring of all water slides. Now you have to understand that my kids are not afraid of water slides. We have taken them to another indoor park (hey, this is Oregon, it would never get used if it was not indoors) and Maddie and Reece would both go down by themselves on this other very big slide. So these two are not pansies when it comes to water slides. They love a good water slide. But this particular water slide near Grandma's must be quite the slide because my kids have talked about this slide for a long time and how scary it is.


A few days ago I get this crazy phone call from Madison. She is talking non stop and I can not understand quite what she is talking about.
"I did it!"
" . . . really fast."
" . . . up really high."
These were a few things I was able to pick out of what she was going on about. She was so excited and talking so fast.
"That's awesome, Mada!" I say, not quite sure as to what I was so excited about, but obviously a huge accomplishment had occurred.



Well as it turns out, Madison had gone down this infamous water slide. I imagine her face was much like Reece's was in the picture above. How brave of my little girl to go down the slide that was so scary to her. I don't have any pictures of her going down, but none the less, what a great memory for her!

5 comments:

Jessica L said...

That is awesome! My mom lives a few minutes away from the waterslides too... I might have to take my little monkeys over while we are there in July.

Way to go Maddie & Reece! So brave!

Robin hill farm said...

How fun! We have a little water park here, and every year at the end of the school year, the kids get to go for a field trip. The kids love it. Lee and I have yet to go, but we drive by there often, and it looks like a blast.
I'm glad Reece and Maddie braved those big slides. :)

Krista Motsinger said...

Hey silly lady. How come you never told me you had a blog site?? Sweet! Beth told me:):) Love the pics of the kids!

imjustaphoneguy said...

The look on Reece's face was exactly the same when he hit that clay pigeon with my shotgun!

Jenn Lopez said...

How fun that Paso has a Water Park!!! We might just have to plan a trip to see your parents next summer and go to the slides!

P.S. When do the kids get home?