Saturday, June 14, 2008

How to Tell if She is a Mommy


As I posted earlier, my kids are in California with my parents getting in a little G&G time (Grandma and Grandpa for those of you who haven't had the first cup of coffee yet). The following little tidbit has been relayed to me and I thought it a little insightful as to how the world is seen through the eyes of a 5 year old.
My kids were in the grocery store with Grandma Gayle stocking up on the much needed sugar cereal and other such junk food that they don't get to eat at home, when they ran into some friends that they have met while down there. There was a young girl, Grace and her older sister Sophia, who is in 6th grade, along with there mother. Of coarse being the ever social butterflies, my girls run over to talk to the two other girls. My mom knows the family and made a comment on how much Sophia has grown. She is now standing taller than her mother. They finish talking and all go there own ways to finish up there shopping.
Madison comments to Reece, "Wow, I didn't know Sophia was a MOM!"
Reece perplexed looks over to Maddie and says, "What? She is not, Maddie!"
"Yes, she is Reece"
"No, she isn't!" Reece replies
"Yes she is Reece! She is taller than the Mom. Besides, how do you know, Reece!"
"Because Moms carry purses!" Reece knowingly states.
Madison contemplates that comments and looks around, "Oh."
I guess that hard piece of evidence was enough to win this argument.

4 comments:

Robin hill farm said...

How cute! Kids come up with the darndest things, don't they? :)

kells times four said...

That is so cute! He's right, ya know? hehe...

I bet you miss them...those cutie pies of yours! :) Love ya!

Jenn Lopez said...

Oh that's too funny! I love it!

MiSScNeLLY said...

That's really cute!