Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Idiot Indian Mix-up



My girls are down with my parents right now. My kids love staying with Grandma Gayle and Grandpa Bop. So many special and fun memories are made during the summer month they spend there. My mom sent this little email to me and I thought it was cute. Here is what she said:


Dad and I are constantly asking Maddie what Grace says ... we have so much trouble understanding her since she doesn't speak her "r's" very well. Sometimes it is a guessing game for us ....

But on Sunday, just right after church was over, Madison sneaked up behind Bob Cox ... he asked her if she was part Indian. He explained that an Indian is good at sneaking up on people without them knowing ... He then said again that she must be part Indian.

Gracie came up to Bob and with her very scolding voice told Bob it was not polite to call Maddie an "idiot." We all just stood there ... we didn't understand how she thought Bob called Maddie an idiot.

Then Maddie told Grace that Bob said Indian not idiot.

It was cute that Gracie came to defend her big sister and even cuter when Maddie told Grace that he had not said "idiot." Grace said, "oh."

Very funny ... I guess you had to be there, but it was very funny

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cute :)