Saturday, October 17, 2009

Wanting To Do Laundry

I'm so giddy. I know, odd right?

Me, giddy?! Oh, so strange. I don't get giddy. I wasn't giddy this afternoon, but this evening, I'm giddy.

It's Saturday. The only day of the week that I am actually home ALL DAY. I like to spend my Saturdays in my pj's and cleaning up my own home. I like to work on all my laundry and fold it while watching a movie . . . of course, still in my pajamas. I make an extra big pot of coffee and sip on it all day. Ahhhh, pure bliss.

Today started off well. Mike and the kids decided to go garage sale-ing with his mother and sister, so I woke up to an empty house. Wow, not only did I get to drink my coffee and put around in my pj's, but I got to do it undisturbed . . . a total treat.

I did a few dishes while my coffee brewed and then decided to hit the computer before going out to get my laundry started. The laundry pile was huge. My washer has been limping around on it's last leg for months now. It doesn't like to spin and I have to go out and give it a good push to get it going. As you can imagine, my clothes have been coming out pretty wet and making my drying work overtime, often taking a load of towels 3 hours to dry. A bit ridicules, I know, but I haven't had the money to spend on a new washer. Plus, I decided I would get every last bit I could out of my washer before letting it give up the ghost.

This morning I finally went out to get my laundry started. I had picked out a movie and was ready. I first went to my dryer. I had already dried this load twice, so I expected it to be done. It wasn't. I was annoyed. I started it up again and then went to my washer to check that it had spun out my towels. It hadn't. So I went through my normal procedure; pushed the button in to trick the washer that it's lid was clothed, pulled the nob out to get the machine running on the spin cycle, and gave the inside drum a big spin to get it going. This time, it spun for a second and died. It used to keep on, but this time it wasn't having it. My machine was done. Too tired to go on. I worked a while longer to try and get it going. Finally, only having two towels left in the machine I tried to get it to spin, it still wouldn't. Now what?! My pile of laundry is out of control already because of how long it was taking to wash and dry, it was putting past piles to shame. I got back online and pouted at the screen while looking again, at washers.

I'll skip the next part because well . . . . . I did a lot of pouting. Mike finally came home and I told him my frustrating news. We didn't want to head into Portland to get a washer, so we decided to trot on over to our local furniture/appliance store and see what we could settle on. I had been doing my homework on the price of washers and what I wanted. I had been saving up for the past few months knowing I was going to have to spend money on a new washer soon.

Long story short, I got the washer I had been wanting. The ORIGINAL one I wanted. The BIG MAMA one. The manufacturer had a special that Sears never told us about, so my sweet baby was the same price as the other top brands that I had thought more affordable. Throw in the local rebate from our utility company and tax rebate and I'm saving even more money. PLUS, I didn't have to go to Portland and haul it back. Mike got it all hooked up and I'm dancing around. Who'd a thunk, huh? hee hee. It's a huge mama bear washer too . . . . 4.7 cu.ft . . . ahhh, it makes my heart sing. It washes in 19 minutes, and spins the tarnations out of the clothes. My old dryer is drying them in 25 minutes . . . we are talking drying TOWELS in 25 minutes!!! I HEART my Electrolux.

3 comments:

Jessica L said...

I am so happy that you are in love with your new washing machine. You make me laugh. I wish I could be that excited about doing housework. You go girl!

Krista Motsinger said...

This post never appeared up on my blog!!:( It is beautiful Sarah! I am so happy for you! Enjoy it.

Jenn Lopez said...

Ya for the new washer!!!