Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Gifting Idea

I LOVE making cookies for our neighbors and friends at Christmas. It is one of those Christmas traditions that I started the first year Mike and I were married. As the kids have gotten older, they have enjoyed getting involved. Since I'm not the most socialable neighbor, I have found knocking on someone's door with a plate full of all sorts of cookies has won me over many neighbors. No longer am I the one who is snobby (I don't think I am, but often since I'm so shy, I come across that way) neighbor, but the sweet one who give away cookies at Christmas time. What fun it is!
This year, we really have knocked back our budget for gifts. Unfortunately, I'm afraid it has messed up my baking budget as well. So, I've been racking my brain for an idea that I could do that would be cost efficient and not look sparse. What joy overcame me when I came across this recipe over at Perry's Plate. She has become one of my favorite blogs to go check out. Fun and yummy recipes regularly appear. You really should check it out and look at past posts because there are some goodies in there!

Anyways, I'm looking at these. This picture is from Perry's page . . . don't they just look so yummy!!! What a great idea!! I think I may just try my hand at these this year.

4 comments:

Meridith S said...

That is cute. I'm sure the neighbors would love to have some of those.

Jenn Lopez said...

You, shy???? Never! You know you're just a snob ;) Just kidding! I love getting the nerve up to go to our neighbors and give them a sweet treat! We're giving Peppermint Bark (White and Dark Choc. sandwiched with peppermint crushed candies in the middle), English Toffee, and granola (actually, most of that is going to my dad). Love you lots, and got your other email, that hopefully I'll respond to later today.

Krista Motsinger said...

oh yes yes, I am there with you. Lots of baking happening here this weekend! I am trying to decide what to do too. I think I have a good idea! But the question is....do I really really want to mess up my just cleaned kitchen counters and freshly moped floor....hmmmmm....I suppose my neighbors are worth it;) lol:)

beth said...

Cookie baking is one of my favorite Christmas traditions, too. We did ours this week, and I was sick, so it wasn't as much fun as usual. But it felt good to bake up a bunch of cookies and gift them to people!
Have fun with your cookies, and have a very Merry Christmas!! Beth. :)