Sunday, December 20, 2009

Kick-Off To Christmas Break

I've been having a hard time lately. Personal issues that I don't really want to go into. It's been a hard week but then I received a few more bits of bad news that just really bogged me down. I thinks it's interesting how easily I can get depressed and feel down in the dumps. It's so much easier to feel that way than to find peace and contentment in my situations. I find myself looking inward and not really focusing where I should, on my Heavenly Father and His plan. I have to admit, when I get my priorities right, and my focus there as well, it's amazing the peace God gives me. To know that He will take care of us and that there is a reason for these trials and heartaches. The journey may be rough but all things work together for good to those that love the Lord.
I said all this to say, Friday was a great day. How wonderful to have a good day. I didn't feel like everything was caving in on me. Friday I was working at the school. I was loaded with testing and didn't get to join in, but Friday was just extra special and a wonderful kick-off to our Christmas Break. Friday was the Christmas party, all the kids had brought in goodies and gifts. It was so fun to listen to the excited voices of the kids as they gave their gift and the squeals as the other opened it.
Reece and Grace were able to make gingerbread houses. Grace was involved in a book exchange. Reece won "Best Christmas Costume". Maddie dressed up as the Christmas Star. Unfortunately, I didn't think to take her picture before we left the house that morning. It was just a really great day, a special one. How thankful Mike and I are to be able to have the opportunity to send our kids to a private Christian school. We feel so blessed to have our kids education packed full of God's truths and morals.

To end this day, I was able to look at Maddie's pictures. She chose to take her Christmas money and buy a digital camera. She looked threw many Black Friday ads to find the perfect camera within her budget. Here are a few pictures from her camera . . . . the world seen through Maddie's eyes.


A self portrait

Our family bowling on Reece's birthday


Something cool Maddie and Collin built


Madison and her friend from school

A girl from our n'hood

A bowling ball she likes

There were many pictures of shows she watched on TV and just items she found interesting.  She loves taking videos too. 


5 comments:

Meridith S said...

I'm sorry that you've been having a hard time lately. If you need to discuss, I am here.
I think its good that Madison learned about planning her spending and got the camera she wanted. She took some pretty cute photos.

beth said...

Yay!! So happy to see some photos! :)
I am so sorry that you have been having such a hard time lately. It really seems like when it rains, it pours! But things will get better. I'm sending you a big hug through the computer now. :)
Hope you guys have a very Merry Christmas!! Beth.

Gayle said...

I like your verse ... I use it all the time.

Maddie ... you are the best! Your photos are great. Have your mom send some to me ... I would love to see all of them.

Krista Motsinger said...

Maddie's Pics are great! She is growing up way to fast. I hope you have a better week Sarah!

Jenn Lopez said...

I LOVE the one of the bowling ball! Maddie has good taste! Sorry to hear it's been a bit rough for you lately. You and continually on my thoughts and therefore I tend to pray for your regularly. I hope you've been able to enjoy this first week of Christmas Vacation.