Sunday, December 13, 2009

Cuteness

I had a really cute video to add to my blog tonight, but low and behold, I can't find the little filmstrip that I used to click to add video. Now, all I have is the "link" and "photo". ARG. Can anyone help me on this?
***
Mike took me out to dinner at one of my old favorites, "The Old Spaghetti Factory" for my birthday. The kids were enjoying their meals and unlimited refills of chocolate milk. It was towards the end of our dinner and Reece had just gotten a refill. Mike asked him if he was going to finish his drink.

"No, my water tank is full," replies Reece.

**
Oh yes, did I mention that my son got some bathroom knowledge tonight?  Oh yes, I'm really pleased.  We had to stop off at AMPM to get some gas and Reece ran into the bathroom.  He came out and told us of this wonderful new bit of information he has now learned.
"Hey Dad, you know that word I'm not allowed to say? (that would be suck, it had slipped out of his mouth earlier in the evening while we were looking at Christmas lights) Well that was written on the wall along with bleep bleep."
"Yah Reece, some people don't write good things, do they?"
Thank you bathroom artist for polluting my son's mind.
***
On our way home tonight, we were driving over the summit. It was snowing outside and the snow was covering the road. Everywhere we looked, all we could see was a beautiful, white blanket. I would of enjoyed this crisp white, if we had not been trying to drive through it. As I sat in the passenger seat, trying not to show the stress I was feeling due to these road conditions, the kids sat back and listened to "Adventures In Odyssey." **No, it's not about our van, but a great Christian series on CD**
Grace takes this moment to pipe up and say, "MOM, it's snowing outside!! Does this mean it's Christmas Night?!"
Oh how precious. All our Christmas Movie watching and she is coming away with the fact that is must be snowing in order to be Christmas. Unfortunately, it's not Christmas Night. But how I wanted to box up that child wonder and magic.




4 comments:

kells times four said...

Thanks for always blogging about what your kids say. I love hearing it! They are such fun, witted kids! I love them all!

Krista Motsinger said...

ahhhh.....the joys of our children learning how to read. It's harder to hide things from their pure little minds.
Your kids crack me up:) Happy Michael "made" you such a yummy dinner:) That is my kind of cooking:)

Robin hill farm said...

Your kids are so cute!! We miss you guys.
Hope you have a Merry Christmas! Beth.

Jenn Lopez said...

I totally forgot your birthday! I am SO SORRY!!! Acutally I didn't forget it, I just forgot to call or send an email or something. So glad you had a wonderful evening with Mike and the Kids! You are such a great woman! Happy Birthday to my dearest friend!