Sunday, June 14, 2009

Bug Farm

A little update from Grandma . . .

Kids were excited from the moment they woke up this morning. Usually Reece wakes up first and comes in my room and crawls in bed and watches cartoons until I get up. We have an arrangement where he can watch tv and I can sleep in until 9:00. Maddie usually wakes about that time and then we all get up and have breakfast.

This morning was a little twisted. Reece woke up and got into bed and I turned on the cartoons (that was good) but he kept announcing the time to me on every half hour or so ... thus waking me up just when I was falling back to sleep. He was so excited and didn't want me to forget or sleep through the "Bug Garden" adventure we had planned for today.

What a day they had at the bug exhibit. The park was great and the people in it were really nice and helpful to the kids. They answered their questions and spoke about bugs for at least a half hour. Then the kids got to hold "some" of the bugs. The "stick" bugs were the biggest success ... all the kids loved holding them.

I think the roaches were the next favorite for the kids. The roaches were fast so the kids had to really watch and be careful when they were holding them. GROSS! Grandma stood at a distance and used the zoom feature on the camera while taking pictures. I had already warned them not to bring the bugs too close to grandma. Bless their hearts, they didn't even try. I told them for 45 minutes while driving I did not like bugs ... so they knew.

I don't think Reece was too crazy for the bugs also ... I didn't see him holding any today. When I got home and was going through my pictures, I think I know why. Look at his face in the enclosed picture of Maddie holding the bug. He doesn't look too sure of that bug!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks like they had a fun, memorable day...even if Reece was leary to hold the bugs. I think your mom deserves kuddos for taking the kids to a bug farm. I don't think I could have done it. I would have been worried that there were bugs crawling all over the place. I get the shivers just reading the story.
Debbie