Thursday, June 4, 2009

Stolen Car


My parents recently came up to Oregon to watch Reece graduate from Kindergarten and Mada at her end-of-the-year awards ceremony (that blog and pics to come at a later date). My father is on a special assignment for work, so he is temporarily working about an hour and a half to two hours north of where my parents live. So on the day of their trip up here, my mom drove up to meet my dad and left his car at work. This eliminated a very stinky round trip drive for my dad. Mada and Reece went back to my parents home and are visiting for two weeks. They are currently there.
With that said, here is another email blog my mom wrote me.


I have a story to tell you ... Reece came to me the other day and asked me in a worried voice, "Grandma, why did Grandpa steal that white car the other day?" I was stunned for a few moments and I asked him, "Reece, Grandpa didn't steal a white car the other day. Why do you think he stole a car?"

"Because the other day when we came to your house, we stopped next to a white car and Grandpa got in it and stole it." I had to laugh ... it hit me kind of funny. I said, "Reece, honey, Grandpa didn't steal that white car because that car was Grandpa's car. He left it at his work place when we went to Oregon and we were planning to pick it up when we came home." "Oh," he says and he walks away satisfied that his Grandpa was not a car thief.

3 comments:

Krista Motsinger said...

Kids are so funny:) Pretty cute Reece.

Jenn Lopez said...

too funny!

Anonymous said...

That is priceless!
Debbie