Saturday, June 13, 2009

Oh My, Oh My!!

I'm a horrible mother. I have a very hard time holding my mouth. Tonight, Mike and I were walking out of his brother's house. I called to my Gracie to come along. She was busy practicing her ballet walk on a retaining wall.
"Come on, Gracie May." I say.

I know, May is not Grace's middle name. Her middle name is after her Grandma, in honor of her. Arlene. It drives my dear husband crazy when I say May and not Arlene. I don't know how May came about (perhaps because she was born in May), but I always call her Gracie May. I do tend to say Arlene when she is in trouble, and I drop the "ie" at the end and only a Grace in a stern voice comes out. Anyway, beside the point.

So, tonight when I called my barely five year old, over, I jokingly said to my handsome man, "I better stop saying May or she just may think that's her real middle name!"

"I know!" He lashes back with more venom than I was expecting. "I wish you would stop that and call her by her real name."

Now, if you know me, I tend to fight back when pushed. So I instantly threw back at my husband in the most lovingly way, "She is my daughter and I will call her anything I so please! I can call her Poopy Stain if I want!" Is there anyway to actually say that lovingly? I can't believe Poopy Stain came out of my mouth, because I would NEVER call my kids that!!! But, I did but only in a conversation with my hubby, not TO Grace. Ok, go ahead, shame me now, I deserve it. I'll wait.


So, we climbed into the truck and I turned to Gracie, "Grace, whats your middle name?"


Without skipping a beat she retort, "Poopy Stain! Grace Poopy Stain Motsinger!" Then she about died laughing. Oh, my sweet little girl, always the jokester.

4 comments:

Krista Motsinger said...

hahahahaha...that is super cute and funny. I could picture the WHOLE thing;)

Maridy Carpenter said...

Hee, hee :) My daughter (age 3 1/2) and I call each other Chicken Butt!

Jessica L said...

Who says your kids don't listen to you? :)

imjustaphoneguy said...

That's a good one. You were easy on Grace, I remember the things you used to call me.....