Saturday, July 11, 2009

It's What's For Dinner

It's been a rough week. Our family has been hit hard this week and we are weary and tired. Isn't it always the case, that when you are having a rough time and life is throwing the hard stuff at you, that it doesn't hold back, it just keeps piling it on? Such has been the week for us. It's much like my laundry that I have shown you before, it just gets more and more, bigger and bigger.
On that note, tonight I was making dinner. I wanted to make something special for my husband who lost his dear Grandpa this week. I decided to make my family's favorite, Chicken Alfredo with a white wine sauce. Well, I was balancing a few things at the time and trying to get the dinner together quickly. I grabbed the wrong bottle and ended up pouring a Merlot into my sauce.

The picture doesn't do it justice. My sauce was purple. We ate purple food tonight. If it wouldn't of been so funny and given Mike and I a good laugh, I would of cried. Who serves purple food to their family anyways? Oh ya, I do. ;)

5 comments:

beth said...

MMMM. That looks very....appetizing? :) No, actually it doesn't look too bad. It probably tasted just fine, too. We also had one of those nights yesterday. It seemed like one thing after another happened, making us all totally frustrated. Then we watched a few episodes of Seinfeld and laughed about their problems and felt much better. Hope today goes a little smoother for you all. And remember not to sweat the small stuff. Beth.

Jessica L said...

Don't be so hard on yourself. Purple is a lovely color and I think there should be more dishes that are that color. :)
I'm sorry to hear about the rough week you have all had. Sending hugs to you from Maryland!

Gayle said...

Purple is my favorite color ... and if my memory serves me correct, it is your favorite color too! More things should be the color purple.

imjustaphoneguy said...

We are sorry to hear about Mike's grandpa and hope next week is much better. I was just missing our grandpas today. At least you're not the one who forgot to put sugar in the pumpkin pie.

Anonymous said...

That's funny Sarah. At least the food was still edible. What if you had accidentally put vinegar in it? I remember the time when one of my sister-in-laws put blue food coloring in the white gravy....for fun. Once you get past the looks of it, it's not too bad:-)
Debbie