Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Need Your Feedback

So I want some black and white shots in my hall or living room of the kids. I want it to not look poised or formal, but to show off some of the kids facial features that I just love plus through in a side of their personality. I like this from over at My Life. There was another wall I saw recently, but for the life of me, I can't find it!!!
I absolutely love this shot of Mada. I love the wisps of hair falling around her face. Her profile looks lovely and beautiful. I can see her series personality here.




Reece is a goofball and I love the smile he is giving. I have another picture of him I'm debating on but I like the fun loving side I see here. I have to admit, his big gorgeous eyes are not shown off here, but his cute smile is. I love that smile!





I don't know why I am drawn to this photo of Grace. I think it's the memory that it provokes. She is smiling in wonder when she heard her brother's voice coming out of the pipe. I actually captured that look and treasure it.



Those are my three I'm leaning towards matting and putting up. I'm kinda thinking of these too . . .





How can you look at this and not smile


Or this for Reece . . . .




But then I like this profile one of him too . . . . .it's a bit more series, but I like the profile. He was talking with his Grandma on the phone when I took it and the one above. He was laughing at me sitting there clicking away at him.



What do you think? Leave me some feedback.

8 comments:

Krista Motsinger said...

Okay...so I am so happy you had the one of grace(the second shot on the page) I was going to suggest that picture before I saw it! Just LOVE IT! I agree with your other two...Though the very last picture of reece with phone is really unique too and would look nice on your wall:) Black and White...*sigh* we have such the same taste. Sounds wonderful and I will look forward to seeing it. Let me know what you chose!

Sarah said...

Thanks Krista!!!! I do love that one of Grace!!!!
I was reading the post (I'm so vain, aren't I?) but had to laugh because even I noticed all my mispellings. **sigh** oh well, it's about the pics anyways.

Krista Motsinger said...

that sad thing is, I didn't even notice any misspellings..we are a funny pair aren't we?:)

Gayle said...

Of course Maddie's pic is gorgeous and I agree it shows off her serious side well. I just absolutely love the pic of Reece and the dog, Rusty. What a pair!! Grace's pic is the one I'm having indecision about. The image I always see in my head when I think of Grace is her big brown eyes. I just love her big warm brown eyes ... her face is beautiful but her eyes tell everything about Grace. Capture her eyes in a pic ...

beth said...

Gosh, that's a tough decision. I love them all. But if I had to choose one of Reese, it would be the one of him with his pooch. And if I HAD to choose one of Grace, it would be the the first one. But the second one is pretty sweet, too. All of your children are gorgeous, and no matter what photos you choose, your photo gallery will be beautiful just because they are in it. Don't forget to post pics of your wall when you are finished. It's gonna look great, I'm sure!! :)

Jessica L said...

Great idea! Here are my ideas. Take them or leave them. :)
- Use two pictures of each kid. Make them either 4x6 or 5x7.
- Get another picture that you really love of Maddie.
- Choose your two favorite ones of Reese. (You know him better than I do, so I'll let you decide. They are all three cute.)
- Use the two pictures you have of Grace.
- Try and get one picture of all three of them together. (Believe me, I know how hard this would be. Obviously, it would have to be something candid.) Have this picture be an 8x10.
- Arrange it on the walls similar to that page that you linked on your post. That looked nice. Maybe put the 8x10 in the middle with the individual pictures surrounding it randomly.

Okay. Now that I'm done decorating your house... I should really start decorating mine. I've only lived here for almost two years... I think it's time. :) Good luck!

Sarah said...

You all are great!!! Thanks. I love that idea Jess. I'm going to have to think on that and see if I could do that on the space I was planning.
I will be sure to post before and after pics . . .

Anonymous said...

You have some great pictures of the kids here. I love the profile of Maddie too. I am leaning toward the picture of Reece with the dog, and I absolutely love the one of Grace with the big smile that lights up her whole face. Whatever you decide to do will be just perfect, no matter what.
Debbie