Monday, July 20, 2009

Running Away

My youngest two decided to run away today. I came walking down the hall and overheard the kids talking about their list of things to pack. I peek around the corner and see they have their bags out and are stuffing all sorts of things in them. Hmmm, I wonder if it is my cooking that is driving these poor kids away.
"Don't forget the food!" says Madison. Apparently she wasn't too distressed to have brother and sister taking off. Probably dreaming of a room by herself. She really wants her own room.
"Dark Haired Beauty, has food at her house. I'll eat hers." replies Reece.
"I just need my shoes." says Grace
"Mom! I'm running away to Dark Haired Beauty's house." Grace informs me.
"You are?!" I'm shocked. I thought we had a good day of fun planned. This is news to me.
"Yes, I'm going to ride my bike." She says.
"But how will you find it?" I ask
"I'm going to follow Reece. He is running away too."
"Oh, okay."
"I think I'm only going to ride half way," says Reece. "it's too far away."
"Yes, that's true. It's pretty far. Plus, I think Dark Hair Beauty has company already. You really should of called her first." I say.
"Well, then we'll go to Hot Aunt's house." Reece says.
"Well, that would be fun, but I think Cool Dude got in trouble and can't have company today." I say.
"GRANDMA'S!!! We'll go there!!" they yell.
"Oh, I'm sure Grandma would really love to have you, but she isn't home. She is at work and you are not allowed to run away to Grandma's work. She would get in trouble."
"Grandpa will take us!"
"But he is at work too." I shake my head. "I just don't think today is a good day to run away. How about we pull out the Waggly Water Dog and invite the neighbor kids over to play in the backyard?"
"Okay, we'll run away another day when we can call first." says Reece.
"That sounds like a good plan." I say.

3 comments:

Robin hill farm said...

Well, I'm glad the kids decided to stick around for a while longer. ;)

Gayle said...

Funny ... remember when you were going to run away from home ... all the way across the street?

Krista Motsinger said...

That is SO FUNNY!!!!!!!! Blogging truely is our new way of scrapbooking...speaking of....I am a year behind on Logan and Peyton...hint hint...girls night!!!