Friday, July 17, 2009

The Week's End

It has been a very long and hard week. Everyone in my home has been effected and we are worn out. As a mother, I'm feeling like a failure. I feel like I have not been able to give my kids the time and activities I wanted to this summer. I feel I have let my kids down and not done the best I could for them. Anyways, enough of my own little pity party of one. The week has ended, it's Friday afternoon and I believe I have found a moment to breathe, kick back, relax and spend some time with the kiddos and brown eyed hunk I married.

Today we are doing this . . . . .


Of course, it's only fun when the neighbor kids join in too.

Plus, throw in some things to hit each other with and it's the perfect recipe for fun in the afternoon. We did get a moment this week to enjoy some of our favorite Portland Parks.

Reece and Grace enjoyed talking into this thing and listening to each other across the play structure. Pretty cool.



Maddie admired herself in the mirror. Such a cutie.



A funny little thing. On the way home Reece asked me about when he was in my belly. He was curios what his name would of been if he was a girl. I told him we never had any girl names picked out for him, because we found out he was boy and then a few months later, we were able to pick out his name. Reece asked about Maddie and told the kids that Maddie was almost a Morgan. It wasn't until about two months before she born that we changed over to Maddie. If Maddie had been a boy, she would of been Ethan Michael. The kids were all laughing and thinking this was funny. They asked about Grace and told them we didn't know if she was going to be a boy or girl till she born and we had Ethan picked out for her if she would of been a boy. Of course this conversation leads to more questions and Reece asked how we knew he was going to be a boy before he came out of my tummy. I told him about the machine at the hospital that can see through my skin and look at Reece's baby body inside of me.


"But how can they see if I'm a boy or girl?" Reece asked again.


"Reece, your boy parts are long and girl parts are small." Madison quipped.

Well put my dear girl.



**Lastly . . . Here is Reece, just in case you have a few extra minutes you want to spend in the sprinklers.








5 comments:

Meridith said...

I just caught up on your blog, and I'm sorry to hear about the rough time you guys have been having. I hope things start to go better for your family. There is still at elast a month of summer left, and plenty of good time to show the kids a great summer.
I thin kit is funny that you guys picked Ethan for a boys name, since we chose it. I know its one of the most popular names out right now, but it seems like great minds think alike!

Gayle said...

Was that one of the pool toys the kids took home from here? You certainly are creative ... what a great idea!

beth said...

Isn't it nice to have neighbor kids to come over and play? Especially if they are good ones. :) Sorry you guys have been having such a hard time lately. Hope things start to look up soon.

beth said...

Hi Sarah. I was just reading one of my favorite blogs,and thought of you. I think that her blog this morning may be uplifting to you. The address is sugarpiefarmhouse.com. Good stuff. Hopefully you get a moment to maybe hop over there and check it sometime. Beth.

imjustaphoneguy said...

Look at the bright side. Summer is only half over. There is still alot of time to do all of those things you want to do with the kids.