Monday, September 15, 2008

It's a Tea Party

I am really trying to make this last year Grace is at home, special. I'm trying to take her to story time at the library, the park and do other special things. So I previously blogged about our 'coffee' time on the mornings I don't work. Today, it was tea. Grace and her dear friend Kate, threw a lavish tea party. Grace wanted to give Kate the best teacup, so she gave her the one she painted on vacation and Grace took my ONLY China teacup and saucer (that's a whole other blog there). So I steamed up some milk and added some flavor and we were off to having a great tea party.
Now, it's was only a matter of time until I broke into my British accent when playing tea party. Can you blame me here? I mean, how can you not have a fancy tea party without a British accent?! The girls looked at me like I was from Mars but then giggled. Of course Mrs. Bear was an absolute pig and took all the tea . . . . wait, I didn't tell you about our other guests, did I? Well, Grace and Kate had dear friends over, Mrs. Hello Kitty sporting a beautiful blue shirt and Mrs. Bear who wore a lovely red dress. They were divine guests and an absolute joy, until Mrs. Bear started getting a big greedy with the tea. Grace and Kate were gracious hosts and just turned a head to the bad manners. I took my leave shortly after and I have heard the rest of the party was just lovely. Kate and Grace poured many more cups of tea.

No comments: