Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Madison's First Day of School


As you know, Madison has been homeschooled for the past two years. We decided to put her into a private school for her 2nd grade year. I'm just worn out and burnt out with homeschooling. I so wish I was super mom and could do it for the rest of my kids education.


Today was the big day. Maddie popped right up out of bed and quickly got dressed. She was so excited to wear her new horse skirt. She ate, brushed her hair and teeth and even quickly ran through all her chores. She was ready so quickly, but then the nerves hit. She got a bit scared and wasn't so sure she wanted to go.


We snapped a few pictures before we left the house and then we were off to school. Maddie asked for me to walk her in so I did. She broke my heart, she was so scared and timid. If you know Maddie, you know my little girl doesn't normally get scared by social situations, but will normally be the little butterfly.


We checked out her desk and they even gave her a little gift bag. Some girls she knew came over and said hi, but Maddie was too scared to really say much. They fluttered off and Maddie sat down in her chair and looked around her desk. A teacher came over and took her off to introduce her to more kids and I took my leave after a few kisses and a big squeeze.


After school, Maddie ran up to the van and told me she had a wonderful day. She loved school and can't wait to go back tomorrow.

7 comments:

Robin hill farm said...

I'm so glad that Maddie enjoyed her first day of school. I knew she would love it! Have fun, Maddie! :)

Jenn Lopez said...

Yeah for Maddie!! How exciting! That is wonderful that you have a private school option there.

Krista Motsinger said...

yippy for Maddie!!!! I am happy she loves school!!

imjustaphoneguy said...

Nice new bright layout! Maddie sure is becoming quite the cutie. Hi Maddie!
Wow, ACE school. My K-2nd grade was at an ACE school at the 1st Baptist church. In fact, those characters on the front of her paces were exactly the same as the ones we had!
I hope you enjoy your new school, Maddie!

Sarah said...

You are all so sweet!! I let Maddie read your comments and I believe she is overflowing with all the love this morning! She is skipping around the house this morning smiling. Thank you for leaving such sweet comments for her. How blessed we are to have such wonderful friends and family!

Jessica L said...

She is so cute! I'm glad she had such a good first day. Good job Maddie! Enjoy 2nd grade!

And you ARE an awesome mom. Homeschooling is tough. You should feel great about being able to do it for two years. Maddie is blessed to have you and Mike as her parents. (Even though I've never met Mike, I can tell these things. :))

kells times four said...

Aren't the first days of school just precious? I'm glad we can capture the memories in photographs!

Madison, you look very pretty on your first day of school! I hope you are making lots of great new friends and that you continue to love school and do awesome! I love being your aunt. you are a special girl and I love you!