Monday, September 8, 2008

When #2 Flew Out of the Nest


Reece's first day of Kindergarten was today. Yesterday we went through his clothes and made a shelf with all his approved pants and made sure his collared shirts were all hung up nicely. I set his alarm clock and we pretended it was morning and Reece practiced turning it off. We packed all his school supplies in his backpack and threw in a few snacks.


This morning, I awoke to his alarm (it went off before mine!) and got the opportunity to wake Reece up and tell him that was his alarm he was hearing. He had thrown the covers over his head . . . I hope this isn't a sign of things to come! But he popped right up and out of bed after I came in.


Our morning went smoothly and we left the house right on time. Maddie told Reece how she was scared the first day of school. Reece said he wasn't scared. We got to school and went to reach for Reece's hand, he took it for 1 second and then pulled it away. He's too grown up for such things. OUCH! Can anyone pull that dagger out of my heart?!?!?!


Reece went right into his classroom and straight to his seat. We had scoped it out a few days beforehand when we had dropped Maddie off at school. His classroom door was open so we had gone in and looked for his name.


Reece's teacher, Mrs. Porter, was very kind to him and showed him where to put his things. Reece didn't say one word to her. I stood around for a few minutes and took some pictures and video. Reece's class only has 6 students so I'm so happy for the individual attention he will get this year! :)

3 comments:

Robin hill farm said...

Reese looks so grown up and handsome! :) Gosh, I remember him as Abby's age! I hope he had a great first day of school.

Jessica L said...

Congratulations Reece! Way to be brave. I hope Mommy was brave just like you. :)

Good job Mom. Love the class size. I was real happy that Madeline's class only has 18, but 6 is awesome.

kells times four said...

Reece has a smile that can melt just about any heart!