Saturday, April 18, 2009

A Day In The Life

So many posts this week! I must of set a new personal record here . . . . 4 post I think. Don't be surprised if I don't post much in the coming weeks since I have met my quota for the month already! ;)
The kids had no school on Friday and enjoyed decorating my garage floor with their friends. I believe they drew some houses, cars, farms, stores and people.








They drew some roads and rode their scooters around. I need more chalk . . . I believe they used it all on their beautiful art. I'm going to focus on all the fun they had and the colorful garage floor. Not the chalky foot prints all over my hardwood floors, in the house.


Of course after such a busy day, my kids were hungry so they ate some toe jam. ;) These are strange kids, I'm telling ya. Just in case you were wondering, I can almost do this, 4 tiny inches between my toe and mouth . . . . oh so close to being able to say I can literally put my foot in my mouth.








After they were good and full we were off to another of Reece's soccer games. He is getting so much better at it! He used to kind of float around the outside of the action and get in there and block shots. Now, he is "dribbling" down the field and getting in the mix of things. He enjoys being goalie.


Grace collected flowers.
Grace even found a worm. The worm was her bestest friend for a good 10 minutes before we took pity on the worm and had Grace go find a good home for him . . . her . . . it.

Madison took pictures of everyone and everything. She also took many videos with an amusing commentary. I may have to post some of those soon.


At the end of the day, we headed for a drive. I love taking drives. I live in a gorgeous part of the country and on evenings such as these, I enjoy just driving with my sunroof open and fresh air blowing my hair around. We stopped off at the beach and checked to see if the tide was low enough to play in the tide pools. It wasn't.




On the drive home, I had a moment. It's the time of year my grandparents always came up and visited me. My Grandpa was amazing. He rode his bike down the Oregon Coast and as we passed a stretch on the 101 where I got to ride a portion with him, I remembered some specials moments I shared with my grandpa there. Then a bit farther down the road, yet another town I have memories of my Grandpa in. I have so many fond memories of my Grandpa Don from my childhood days, but the last 10 years have been so incredibly special. It will be hard to go through this summer and not have his and grandma's visit to look forward to. How blessed I am to of had him as my Grandpa.












2 comments:

beth said...

I love that picture of the kids with their feet in their mouths. It reminds me of a time when we went to the beach, and we were heading home, and I heard a crunching sound coming from the back seat. I looked back and saw the kids with there feet in their mouths, licking the sand from between their toes and crunching on it with their teeth. I asked them what they were doing, and they said that they were kitties cleaning their paws. Silly kids. :)t

Sarah said...

LOL, that's hilarous Beth!!!