Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Volleyball


My kids private school is starting up a girl's volleyball team. I'm pretty excited because the school has asked me to coach. YEAH!! Such trust they have given me . . bwah ha ha. Just kidding. ;) Right now, I'm working in the girl high school PE and we are working on volleyball skills. The group of girls is great and they are a lot of fun and such hard workers.
On that note, we have quite an uphill battle ahead of us. I'll be lucky to team 7, hopefully 8 girls. We have no gym to work out in and many have never played before. We are practicing in the grass . . which is fun (I love me my grass ball), but I'm totally lacking the lines and what-nots.
Tonight, I'm looking around online to try and find the new rule book, knowing that they have updated a few of the rules. HOLY COW!! So many rules have changed since my college days!!! I feel so dated!!
Anyways, that's my totally selfish news. I'm coaching volleyball and I'm super excited!

4 comments:

meridith said...

Congratulations on the coaching job. It sounds like fun.

imjustaphoneguy said...

Sounds like coaching an NCCS team. Remember our varsity basketball team practising on black top courts in a parking lot? Have fun!

beth said...

And I am so excited for you!! I hope you have lots of fun! :) Beth.

Jenn Lopez said...

Yeah! Good for you! I'm sure you are an amazing coach for those girls. SO happy for you!!!